We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Well Said Limited, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website thesecretlake.com (the “Website” — which is hosted by wordpress.com)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following way:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you complete the ‘leave a review’ box or leave a comment about The Secret Lake for the author||• Name (please only put your first name, per our instructions)
• Email address (optional – per the instructions – and never shared or used for marketing purposes)
• Any Personal Data which you choose to provide to us in the free text box of the form
Data that we collect automatically
Our website host, WordPress.com, automatically collects certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We/they do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data to respond to your questions, comments and requests via the comments box.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We will not share your Personal Data with anyone else, other than with our website host who provides services or functions on our behalf and who requires the information to provide those specific services to us, such as to enable us to reply to your review or comments.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children under the age of digital consent for their country of residence. In the UK, Ireland and USA the age of digital consent is 13 but this may vary for other countries where it may be as high as 15 or 16 years old. If you are below the age limits set out here or for digital consent in your own country, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. Instead ask a grown-up to sign up or write in on your behalf.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email at kpinglis [at] wellsaid.co.uk or via our postal address on the ‘Contact’ page:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask us to delete your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal
8. Contact Us
- Our full details are: Well Said Press
- Email for Privacy Questions: kpinglis [at] wellsaid.co.uk
- Postal Address: 83 Castelnau, London, SW13 9RT, England